Saturday 5 February 2011

How do I clean my brush?

How do I clean my brush?

Well, I have been asked many times "How do I clean my brush"?

Well here is the answer.

This very much depends upon what kind of finish you have used.

If you have used any French polish / Shellac then you will need to clean your brush using Methylated spirits.

If you have used any Turpentine or White spirit based varnish or paint then you will need to use White spirit or Turpentine.  You will need to soak your brush, for some considerable time to remove the entire residue.

If you have used Cellulose paints or Lacquers, then you will need to clean your brush with Cellulose thinners.
Please note that this liquid is very flammable.

If you have used water-based varnish or paints, then you will need to clean your brush out with soapy water.

If all else fails use paint stripper however, you must wash it out thoroughly under a running tap and leave to dry.
Avoid breathing the fumes that are given off, especially if washing out with hot water.
I hope this will be of use to you?  If it has please give me feedback thanks.





1 comment: