Friday 23 August 2013

Elephants came to Town!




I thought that you might be just interested.


Well how about this Table something different for a change, as you can see that this has been very badly broken and looks like somebody has sat on it.

Various stages during the repairs:

Table Top removed for access

This broken trunk supports the Tabletop

  Support removed ready for glueing



    Here you  can see two trunks to repair

   Under surgery

   After surgery & Wood-finishing



All complete!

This is a very good example, of the wide, varied and for me interesting items to work on as this requires me to use my furniture repair skills that I have built up over the years and makes a change from the usual mundane workshop items.

Thanks for taking the time to come to my blog, I hope that
 you enjoy it and find that it is of help to you.

Feedback is most welcome.










1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew,
    Unusual piece of furniture there. Was it imported from Africa or from India?
    It took me some effort in working out exactly what was broken and how you've fixed it.
    Perhaps a few captions with each pic would not go amiss!
    Otherwise a great post.

    ReplyDelete