Friday 4 November 2016

Door Finishing

Sorry for the long delay in updating this site.

Today, I want to show you a Front Door that I recently re-finished.


I found it was best to remove the door from the hinges and lay onto trestles, as I had to work on both sides.


Firstly, I scraped off the worst of the old finish, then sanded the surface back using my electric sander.


Once it was smooth and the Client had chosen the stain colour, then I preceded to stain over, when the stain was dry, I then coated it over with eventually Three coats of outside finish.







I think you can agree it looks so much better now, I know that the Client was very pleased and that's what counts.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Andy, The door looks much better now and no doubt will keep the winter rain from soaking through! Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great job, you can really see the grain now.

    ReplyDelete