Wednesday 3 April 2019

Rosewood Circular Flip Flap (Dyrlund) Dining Table




This is a job that I took on about one year ago now, it came to me with the top lacquer stripped off.

Due to the uneven remnants of the old finish still remaining, I lightly sanded the surface at first with my sander, and then a super smooth using my sanding block. Thus removing any fine lines left by the sanding machine.

Now ready for staining, and finishing.
After checking for any fine scratch marks prior to staining and being confident there were none, it was time to stain using Rosewood stain.

Once dry I sprayed over with several coats of 70% Lacquer as required, once dried, it was time for a smooth down with 1000 grit paper for a very fine finish, then applied several more spray coats of lacquer to ensure a good depth of finish.

As you can see from the pictures that the top came out really nice.

The Table was made in the 1970s and was and still is very popular today.

These Tables were made in Denmark, and sold in very large quantities, I can remember back to the 70s when I used to work on them whilst working for a World famous Department Store in Knightsbridge, in London. 

Thanks for taking the time to visit and read my posts.



















1 comment:

  1. Very nice job Andy. The grain pattern is exceptionally nice and the table looks fantastic overall.

    ReplyDelete