Monday 31 October 2011

What has happened to my favourite paint stripper?

What has happened to my favourite paint stripper?


Recently I purchased my regular Nitromors paint stripper, and when I opened the can, I found that the stripper was coloured green well if that wasn’t bad enough the smell was even worse.
And when I applied the stripper to the old polished surface, I found that the stripper was extremely runny, and seemed to dry out much quicker than I had experienced before.
Also, I had to apply much more stripper, to be able to achieve the same result that I used to with only two coats before.
And the size of the can had become much smaller instead to 5 litres it was now only a 4 litre can.
Together, with the fact that the price with Vat was £61.55p.
 I thought that I had been robbed.
After much debate, I decided I would phone the manufactures and complain as I was just not happy.
I was told that “Due to EU regulations the formula had to be changed”
Well from my experience, now the product is not fit for purpose.

Without prejudice;
This is only my opinion and in no way a reflection upon the Company, its products or their employees.

I was not offered any kind of what I call good customer service, no offer of another can to try out or perhaps a suggestion of another one of their range of strippers no “Just I am sorry” not good enough for me.
I used to recommend their products, but that will now cease and furthermore, I will not buy any Nitromors products again.
Perhaps I am old fashioned, but I think that good customer satisfaction is very important should you wish to stay in business.
What do you think?  Let me know as always feedback is very welcome.




2 comments:

  1. Could it be that you were unlucky enough to pick a can from a bad batch? A bit like a time I found a bug in a tin of peas. Else why should the contents of this particular container be green, runny and weak on its job?
    But I fully agree with the size reduction, as I discovered how small our Mars bars and other confectionary, and other consumer products too, had shrank in size.
    It's all to do with -- MONEY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Frank,
    The colour of the stripper has now been changed to green, I was expecting perhaps to been offered another can from their range of strippers but no luck.
    Customer service has gone out the window or so it seems with this company.
    Yes, it is all to do with money! But they are charging very high prices for their products.
    I shall have to go and camp out at St Pauls's now.

    ReplyDelete