Thursday 3 October 2013

Beyond Transfiguration!

Well, today, this is not just a Transfiguration but I think a Resurrection.

This Oak Desk was in such a poor state that it took most of my skills and patience to bring it back to life.

Once again I had to remove all of the old finish back to the wood, stain to a medium Oak colour, and as with my previous desk I spray finished it with a durable lacquer.
I took me days to get it to this standard but I think it has been worth it.
See what you think.












Once again thanks for your support and encouragement, feedback most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Yet another neglected piece of furniture brought back into life, and saved from the skip! I suppose you cant really explain the feeling of achievement and pride when an item like this is finished unless you do the hard work yourself. Its not as easy as it first appears as there is always problems with every item of furniture, ie damaged veneer or deep scratches etc. A real skill in today's throw away society, a skill that requires more than the average persons amount of patience.The ability to see the hidden potential and also wanting to change it for the better. If only people could change like this for the better eh!! Great work as usual Andy!

    ReplyDelete