Sunday 20 October 2013

Bureau Restoration

Today, I would like to show you a Bureau that I have just restored
Once again I had to remove the old finish and as this Bureau caucus was made of solid Oak this allowed me to sandpaper off the surface, however, the fall was veneered so I had been very careful not to sand through the surface.
Sanding saved some time and also removed the surface scratches and stain marks etc.
Then onto the staining, the choice best suited was Medium Oak as this brings out the beauty of the wood.
Once repairs were completed, then over to a spray finish for a longer and I felt tougher finish for an everyday used item.
This item would not have been French polished due to its relative modern production.















Comments are most welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Andrew,
    There will be many of your readers who may not understand the words "caucus" and "fall" as used in the context of the wood finishing trade, although going by the photos, it looks to me that "caucus" is the main cabinet, and the "fall" is the back which stands up against the wall. But if I'm wrong on these, please do correct me.
    Otherwise, this is another demonstration of your excellent professional work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete