Wednesday 7 June 2017

Mission impossible


These garage doors were in a dreadful condition, and with the wood surface being so uneven, it was too difficult to achieve a flat surface that could have been stained and varnished as was first intended.

Therefore, I had to paint the doors to cover up the stubborn varnish that could not be got at with my sander.
My client chose the paint colour, and as you can see, has really made a great improvement.

It seems even no matter how difficult a job can be, there's always a way to accomplish a fantastic finish.



As you can now see, just how bad a condition the doors were in, the one on the left is after I have scraped and sanded off the surface.  And the right-hand door has peeling coloured varnish.



After a wash down of the framework, and a touch up of the hinges makes for a clean and tidy finish. The rotten beading's have been cut level ready for replacement in due course.
As I have stated before, if you can polish you can and should be able to paint.

Another mission impossible job completed.  Why do I get hard jobs?




No comments:

Post a Comment